Life as I know it

or at least I think I do?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Sask, Canada

I live in Regina, Sask. I might not be the most avid blogger but I am one of the world's most wonderful people so read on to hear more about life as I know it.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Ranty and Negative

Well now that I know that people actually check my blog on a regular basis I just may have to try harder to do it more - but don't count on it unless I quit my job and am home a lot more often.
I hate my job!
No - that's not true I actually like my job, it's challenging and well suited to my skills and the hours are great - I just hate my boss. Have you ever had to spent all day every day stuck in a room alone with someone who hates you but you have to be nice and do whatever they say anyways? That's my life everyday. It should be considered some form of heinous Chinese torture or something. I would have quit ages ago except we need the money and I'm too chicken to quit. You see the bad part about quitting is the actual quitting part - going up to them and saying "I'm done and I'm leaving you to do this all by yourself" except you're not done, you have to give 2 weeks notice and then continue going to work everyday with someone who hates you even more now. What are rules about that? What difference is it going to make if I just walk out and don't come back? Who invented the concept of two weeks notice anyways? Especially if I don't intend on getting a reference from this woman anyways? Also how does unemployment insurance work? Can I get it if I quit? Any suggestions anybody? Jesse said that if I stick it out until the end of May (when I'll be laid off) then I can go on EI and take the summer off. I just don't know if I can last that long.
Sorry for another negative blog - my blogs are either short and sucky or ranty and negative. But I love you guys and my life really isn't all that bad. You all should come to Regina to visit and make me feel better. Sound good right? Alright see ya in a couple week then :)
Okay I'm going back to work now. At least the boss isn't here - she's gone to a "meeting"....man do I sound as synical to you as I do in my head? I gotta go. Love you all.
Ciao

3 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

see, if you lived in calgary, it wouldn't matter if you gave two weeks notice or not. you could quit a job in the morning and have a job that afternoon. it's pretty sweet. and you tell jesse that if he expects you to stay at your job for another two months, then you deserve to get a good long back rub every night until you do. just a thought.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 1:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jordan said...

That sounds like a GREAT idea! You should mention it to him for me. Maybe if we both say something it might actually happen :)

Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think you can collect EI if you quit. But if you do get laid off and you collect EI you could go back to camp for the summer!!!

Sunday, March 11, 2007 3:57:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home