Life as I know it

or at least I think I do?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Sask, Canada

I live in Regina, Sask. I might not be the most avid blogger but I am one of the world's most wonderful people so read on to hear more about life as I know it.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Life Sucks Today

So I am officially having one of the worst months EVER!
If you read my previous blog you already know that my Dad passed away very suddenly a few weeks ago. As far as that goes everything is going okay. The internment is this weekend at Rundle Mission, AB so we're leaving on Saturday and coming back on Monday (talk to about a quick trip). So if that wasn't bad enough I think I may have almost gotten fired today... yep fired....from my great job that I loved. But I don't know yet for sure I have to go back in tomorrow. Here's what happened:

This past weekend was your first ever Middle Years Festival which was a really big deal for us. We had eveyone we know come and help out including our husbands. So while Jesse was here (and not doing much I must add because we had WAY too may people) he decided to take a look at my computer because it had been running rather slow. I mistakenly thought this would not be a problem becasue my boss has her entire extended family on the office computers all the time. Well apparently it was a problem because when I got to work this morning I got totally reemed out for him being on there. Apparently she thinks that he installed new RAM on it (which he DID NOT) without authorization and when I told her that he didn't she basically called me a liar, told me to go home and get my story straight with my husband, and then to come back tomorrow. After I left I called Jesse on his cell and he called her to apologize and assure her that he did not put anything on or in the computer he just messed with some of the settings and she called him a liar and hung up on him. So now I have to go to work tomorrow morning and face this. I'm pretty sure that if I don't walk in there admitting to everything she accused us of then I'll be fired. But I refuse to comprimise myself by lying and telling her what she wants to hear. The thing is can she fire me for something she thinks Jesse did? She invited him to come volunteer and he messed around on the computer - I wasn't even in the room for most of it. Can she blame me for what she thinks he did? I'm really angry right now. I'm not even sure that I want to stay working there even if she doesn't fire me - I've had all day to sit a stew about this it's making me really mad.

So that was my day - Oh yah.. and I got a wisdom tooth pulled this afternoon so now I'm all swollen and numb and frozen and it really sucks. Anybody wanna trade right now?

Why are my blogs always so negative. I'll try to say soemthing happy next time - unless of course I do get fired in which case I'll say something happy two times from now.

Ciao

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

Wow, that's really harsh. But I agree with you (at least to a point) that if you do get fired, then you really don't want to be working in a place like that anyways. If things simmer down and you don't get fired, then you should stay because you love it there, and it shows. But don't compromise, she would presummably want you to tell her the truth, and not lie just to make others happy, so why should she be any different. I'll pray that things work out for you. Try not to be too intimidated tomorrow, just go in there honestly and what happens happens. The ironic thing is that I know if it were me I'd be peeing myself, but I happen to freak out when I get in trouble.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:40:00 p.m.  
Blogger Kathy said...

wow....I'm pretty sure that your last few weeks could be the definiton of suckyness,crapyness, or whatever word you choose to use.

Hope things go better then you excpect tomorrow

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

Jordan,
Sounds like things are really rough right now, I'm sorry that I can't be there for you to vent to and then I'd bake cookies. Instead, know that I'm praying and I hope your boss comes around and sees your perspective. Maybe she needs some cookies? ;) miss you, niki

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Kristine said...

Just wondering how work went for you the other day.

Friday, February 16, 2007 11:52:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home