Life as I know it

or at least I think I do?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Sask, Canada

I live in Regina, Sask. I might not be the most avid blogger but I am one of the world's most wonderful people so read on to hear more about life as I know it.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Dad

Hi everyone!

However hard this is for me I thought I would write a blog to let everyone know why it seems that I've fallen off of the face of the earth for the last few weeks. You guys probably didn't notice since it's not unusual for me to go a few weeks without blogging and I'm sure you all don't just sit home waiting for my next post. But it sure feels to me that I've fallen off of the face of the earth. You see... My Dad passed away on January 19th.

It all happened so fast really. About two weeks before that he went into the hospital because he wasn't feeling well - originally he thought he had the flu. The kept him for a couple of day and did some test and ultimately decided it was cancer - of the kidneys and maybe more. They sent him home to wait until he could get in to the cancer clinic (which usually takes a couple of weeks I guess). We went home for that weekend and saw him (he looked sick and weak but not THAT bad). Then on the monday Mom took him back to the hospital becasue she didn't think he was eating enough. Tuesday night Mom calls me as says that Dad had a bad night and the we should come see him - but I said that we couldn't come until the weekend because we had school and work and that cancer lasts a long time and we could keep running home every time he has a bad night. Then at work on Wednesday morning my sister calls me and says that she comig through town and she's going to pick me up because the nurses said that we should come see Dad. So I went but Jesse stayed home. By the time we got there we has so sick and so weak that he could barely talk. He had lost so much weight and they had tubes sticking out of him eveywhere. It was horrible. So as it goes he got worse so fast that on Thursday his kidney's started failing and by 9:30 on Friday morning he had passed away.

It's all happened so fast that I'm not sure that it has fully registered yet. The funeral was last wednesday. And we're taking his ashes to Alberta to bury them on Feb. 18th.

My boss just came in so I should go to work now. I'm sure I'll more to say later. I just wanted to share what was going on in my life.

Ciao

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

As much as an online hug doesn't cut it compared to a real one,
*HUG*
And if you guys are passing this way at all and need anything, let us know.

Friday, February 02, 2007 6:41:00 p.m.  
Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

I'm sorry to hear that Jordan, I'm praying for you and like Kristine, online condolences and hugs are nothing compared to real life, but I'm praying for you and here's my hug too,
*HUG*

Thursday, February 08, 2007 5:00:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

That super sucks!!! I was sad to hear about your loss ... call me if you need to talk (780)542-5402 ...

Kathy and I are also praying for ya.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:06:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ashley Watson said...

Hello Jordan!
Soo sad to hear. I haven't talked to you in forever, but my prayers go out to you. I came across your blog through Kristines, hope youre doing well dispite unfortunate circumstances. Love Ashley!
*ps. congrats Mrs.Courtney!!*

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:23:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home