Life as I know it

or at least I think I do?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Sask, Canada

I live in Regina, Sask. I might not be the most avid blogger but I am one of the world's most wonderful people so read on to hear more about life as I know it.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why Do I Always Have To Have A Title?

Wow! More than a month since my last blog. You think that being unemployed would give you more time to do things like this but it never really works that way. Now that I'm back at work maybe I'll find more time again. Weird eh?

So yes, I am back at work. I got a job at the Cornwall Centre (for those of you who know regina) and their new Parking Coordinator. It's a brand new position that they've just created. I basically make sure that people are parking where their supposed to and I sign up new monthly parkers and I count parking money. It's all about the parking, really. I started about two weeks ago and so far it's going okay. The pay is decent and the benefits are good. So I'm not complaining.

Other than that my summer plans are to take a class or two (right now I'm signed up for French and English, hahaha)but I may not take them because French is a kinda of stupidly set up online class where you actually have to attend online class! Every Tuesday for two hours be have to hook our mics up to our computers and talk French to each other. How lame is that! My English class actually sound really interesting but I'm not super thrilled at the idea of 3 hour classes two nights a week plus homework while I work full time. I also thinking of switching school. I recently discovered the wonder of Athabasca University and it's online 3-year bachelor degrees. Has anyone heard anything either good or bad about them? Do employers consider these online degrees "real" degrees? I need your opinions everyone.

Back on topic... I also plan to go camping this summer and hopefully take another trip to Minot with my Mom. WE had a blast last year. It's nice to just get away and going to another country makes it more like real vacation. Maybe we'll go July long weekend since it's not a long weekend for them. At least I don't think it is because their 4th of July falls on a Wednesday this year.

Well I should go and maybe actually get some work done now. Seeing as I actually do have work to do. So sorry Ken I can't go to Candy Mountain with you...you go by yourself and let me know how it turns out :)

Ciao

3 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

i took one class through Athabasca University, it was super easy. I couldn't say if employers regard it as legitimate. Also, as parking coordinator, do you have a parking spot? do you have to pay for it? Cuz that would seem kinda dumb to me, but also in keeping with Regina's particular baffling host of quirks. i miss that city sometimes....

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 11:00:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

The candy mountain candy cave was awesome!! You really missed out!!

I remember working at the mall ... good times ...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 6:28:00 p.m.  
Blogger Kathy said...

The little college thingy here in Drayton offers most of their degrees through athabasca University. The students here go to the little campus here and then do their work online and then I think they have a teacher or something in the room to help them. They also do some video conferencing stuff with Athabasca. As far as I know employers would recognize it, but having a degree from U of R would definitely be more prestigious....

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 11:19:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home