Life as I know it

or at least I think I do?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Sask, Canada

I live in Regina, Sask. I might not be the most avid blogger but I am one of the world's most wonderful people so read on to hear more about life as I know it.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Lazy Life!

Here I am, 4 days into my freedom. Man days go by fast when you don't have that much to do.

My new laptop came on Monday so I've basically spent the last two days setting things up the way I like them and getting to know Vista - which isn't actually that bad once you get used to it with the exception of a few small things that obviously were not thought through all the way.

In employment news I have a job interview on Thursday! It's at an optometry office downtown - full time. The woman I talked to on the phone sounded really nice so I'm looking forward to the interview. I hope the job pays well enough that I can afford to park downtown.

Tomorrow is going to be a HUGE cleaning day. The whole house is a disaster (it's rather quite disgusting) and there's a ton of laundry to be done so I think I might put on some music or a movie that I've seen a hundred times and actually do things like vaccuum and clean the toilet. But don't hold me to it - I'm not guaranteeing anything (Jesse please disregard this portion if the house is not clean when you get home tomorrow).

Speaking of Jesse I just have to mention how great he has been about me quitting my job. I've been sitting on my butt watching Angel on DVD and playing with the new computer while he works extra shifts and finishes major projects for school. How did I end up with such a great hubby? (I love you Baby!)

Jesse applied for a job at Sasktel and had a phone interview today. He wasn't expecting a phone interview and he was on his cell phone at school at the time with me calling him and his call waiting beeping. He thinks it went okay considering but get this - it's a casual position and they expect you to pick up 100% of the shifts they call you for or else you're fired and they never call you until the day before they need you. How does that work!!! How can you live your life if you never know until the day before if you're working tomorrow and you can't say no if you have plans or an appointment or, heaven forbid, a shift at another job because of course they don't give full time hours (average 24 hours/week). It pays really well and I think Jesse want the job but I don't know how that schedule would work?

On a happier note Easter is coming up here pretty soon - like this weekend I guess. My mom is coming through on Friday and we're going to church and then on Sunday we're having dinner at J and Ethan's (I think they know we're coming - if you guys read this I'm bringing potato salad) other than Jesse is working all weekend, yah for stat pay.

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. All you bloggers should write more often. I need something to keep me entertained. We went like a whole week there where NOBODY on my list of regualrly read blogs wrote anything new. It was quite depressing. I almost thought that the rest of the world ended outside Regina. Okay I'm still rambling so I'm going now for sure.

Ciao

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

I think it's really stupid that so many businesses think that their employees' lives should STOP apart from their jobs. Good luck to Jesse if he can survive that, I never could. Although I'm suprised they give NO chance to turn down shifts. I've never heard of that before, I've just heard people can only turn down a few.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

if you have a new, does that mean you have an old laptop? And if you have an old laptop, is it even useable at all? And if it is, can I have it? I'm serious by the way. I need a laptop before I go to Germany because trying to ship a desktop over there would be stupid expensive.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:06:00 p.m.  
Blogger jSharky said...

Life is crazy like that (I hate it when that happens - managers don't know their employees have lives). And say Hi to J and Ethan for us!
We miss you guys.
If only we had a better car (it sucks - it just... sucks).

Friday, April 06, 2007 7:48:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

for the first time yesterday the witch is dead song started playing. scared the CRAP outta me!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jordan ... Jordan ... where are you Jordan ... come to candy mountain Jordan ... come to candy mountain ....

Sunday, May 06, 2007 2:54:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home