Life as I know it

or at least I think I do?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Sask, Canada

I live in Regina, Sask. I might not be the most avid blogger but I am one of the world's most wonderful people so read on to hear more about life as I know it.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Wow, Do I Ever Shut Up?

I know I know. So long between blogs. I've been reading other people's blogs on a daily basis (thanks Niki, Ken, Darrell, and Scott Adams the creator of Dilbert for blogging faithfully) and it's weird because I realized that I feel in touch with these people because I read what's going on in their lives (especially Nix, you sometimes blog 2-3 times a day) but you all have not heard from me at all and have no idea I've been reading your blogs and that I know what's happening and you definitely have no idea what's happening with me. Heck sometimes even my friends here in the city have no idea what's going on. I'll go weeks without talking to Jill and she lives across the back alley and I was maid of honour in her wedding this summer.

I guess that's the first major thing that I did this summer was be in Jill's wedding. I'd never been in a wedding before (that wasn't mine) and it's so different from that side. The whole thing went well and she looked great and they got married, but it made me appreciate my own wedding because we did a lot of things very differently. Don't all you married people ever just want to do the whole wedding thing over again? I mean now that we're married what's there to look forward to? No more diamonds, no more fancy dresses, no more presents (I would register for way better stuff now than I did then). I guess eventually everyone expects us to have kids (yes eventually, as in not any time soon so don't ask) but I mean whoo hoo - what's a pristine white dress, great flowers, and a party with all your friends and family compared to squeezing a small bloody human the size of a football out of an opening the size of a peach pit - what a great day!
Wow I'm ranting now. Back on track.

After Jill's wedding I went to Minot, North Dakota with my mom for a few day and did some shopping which was lots of fun. Then Leanne and Andrew stayed with us for a couple days so we got to see them for a bit outside of a wedding situation (which doesn't happen often). That was great, I really like Leandrew I just wish they lived closer (stupid Winnipeg).
Let's see other than that I did a week of day camp for the city and worked for my dad's BBQ business a couple times. I was supposed to help him with a catering function last weekend (which was my birthday by the way) but I got the flu and couldn't go which sucks because not only did I spend my birthday puking but I missed out on probably $100 worth of wages that we definitely could have used.

But I start my new job on Monday so then we'll have a little more money. Though we still have to pay Jesse's tuition and start making student loan payments (ouch..why did I go to school again? 4 years for nothing). Anyway I'm excited about my new job. I'm working for Sask Drama again (if any of you remember my blogs from last summer) this time as their Administrative Assistant. It's pretty sweet, 9-5, mon-fri, Salary (which works out to about 10.50/hour), holidays off. I'm really psyched about it. Plus I've already worked there which means I can avoid the whole stupid I don't know what I'm doing, where I'm going, or what anybody's name is phase of a new job. I'm loving it. I just hope I love the actual work, I'm really going to try.

I know this blog is long but bear with me. I haven't spoken to you all in months. If you have to take a break, get a cookie.....feel better? good let's keep going.

Let's see. Did I mention that I had a birthday? Well I did, last Friday. Because of Jesse's work schedule we had the party of Thurday which worked out great with my pukiness. It was kinda a surprise, we went over to Jill's (and Jordon's I guess too, but he wasn't there he's back on the rigs) for a BBQ with J and Ethan. It was nice, we don't hang out with our friends enough. I also got flowers, a new electric carpet sweeper (I really wanted it, it's called a Shark and it's amazing, get one, my house has never looked cleaner), an awesome braclet from Jill that she bought me in Mexico on their honeymoon, and letter stamps for J and Ethan for my scrapbooking (which I must say I have become almost obsessive compulsive about, but not nearly as bad as my sister). We also went to Sears and bought the dresser that matches our bed that we have been saving up for all summer.

So what else did I do to fill my time over the summer?
-Well I organized all of our pictures into albums which takes a long time.
-I decided to organize and retype all of my notes from freshman year at CBC. Am I crazy? probably but I was really getting sick of the ripped out notebook pages sticking haphazardly out of the binder that won't fit in the bookself. It'll be nice to have it all organized however after going over my notes I am starting to realize why I only got C+ in Gospels and Acts, my notes suck! Maybe his dreamy voice distracted me.
- I have also been spending a lot of brain time planning my wedding scrapbook which will require printing a lot of pictures and buying a lot of supplies (which I have been picking up as inspiration hits me over the summer), I have taken to scapbooking in my head while I'm tryign to fall asleep. I don't recommend it if sleep is what you're actually aiming for.
- I've also tackled reading the whole Left Behind series, I'm on the 5th or 6th book right now I'm starting to get bored.
As I'm sure you are of my blog. "Who cares?" your starting to say to yourself. So I'll stop. I think maybe I'm just rambling now anyway and nobody asked for a 10 pager. So I'll publish now so that you can all hit me with your barrage of life fulfilling, exhorting and encouraging comments :)

Talk to all later. Ciao

PS: I just realized that some of this post might have have come out sarcastic and a little pessimistic. I really am in a good mood and overall life is great! And I really do want you to comment. Thanks for reading (especially if you made it all the way to the end)

1 Comments:

Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

SO good to hear from you!!! And its so true, I really have no idea whats going on in your life, you live by Jill, and Ethan (and their spouses who I don't actually know)?? That's fun! Sounds like your enjoying the whole marriage thing, I'm excited for you! I'm afraid if I don't stop now this'll turn into a Niki sized blog entry...so, great to hear from you, blog more often-and tell Jesse he'd better too! (or I'm contacting blogger to banish him from blogger forever, mwhaha). Umm, yeah...why can't I ever write 'just a little'? EVER! Have a GREAT day, *hi jesse* :) love you both!! ~nix~

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:31:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home