Life as I know it

or at least I think I do?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Sask, Canada

I live in Regina, Sask. I might not be the most avid blogger but I am one of the world's most wonderful people so read on to hear more about life as I know it.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Good pants day

My whole life I have HATED shopping for pants. A lot of plus sized pants are high waisted, tapered legged, have no pockets are not really designed for any human shaped person to wear. I hate going to wal-mart and choosing the only pair of half-decent jeans in the store only to find that the size you think you should be is way too small, it's just not making over your butt and don't even think about zipping it, and you end up walking out of the store with a size 21. That's the last size of pants I bought at Wal-mart.

Today however was my best pants shopping experience EVER! Imagine my surprise when I walked into Reitmans to look at pants and find several pairs that a normal person might like to wear. Then after picking up a few different pairs in a size 18 (the size I always liked to think that I was no matter how much weight I'd gained) and trying them on, realizing that they are all TOO BIG!!! That's never happened to me before. Ecstatic almost beyond belief I left the dressing room to find SMALLER SIZES!!!! Returning with 3 pairs of size 16's I took the leap and tried them on. zzzzzip! They fit! And they look good! I can't believe it. I bought two pairs. I haven't wore a size 16 since jr.high. That was 10 years ago!

I have to say that today I enjoyed pants shopping for the first time in a long time. It was a good pants day. I just hope they still fit tomorrow :)

Ciao

2 Comments:

Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

just thought I'd let you know how much I love reading your blog...especially now that you update it!! ;) hope your doing well! :)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:48:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is always a good thing when you find out that you need a smaller size!!! Way to go!!! :D

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:16:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home